Wilmount House in Co.Tipperary had previously been extended in the 1950's to facilitate its use as a guesthouse.
In the mid-1980's it reverted back to being a single family house. Over time, due to a lack of use, it fell into disrepair. The north wing in particular, containing the Ball Room was badly in need of repair and modernisation.
The project called for the sensitive restoration of the existing house while upgrading it with modern features such as insulation, new heating system using solar energy, and new minimal rooflights to maximise natural light.
Where possible, original features such as fireplaces, floors and circular windows in the North wing, were sensitively repaired and saved.